201. The Blockchain Construct - Trust, Decentralization and Consensus
Pricing in Canadian Dollars. In light of COVID-19, in our effort to help professionals learn and develop critical skills through these challenging times, we are offering our programs online and also providing a significant discount for the time being. Please note that these promotions will end shortly and pricing can change at anytime. We wish everyone health during these times.
What you will learn: This course digs deeper into how trust is established in decentralized and distributed Blockchains. You will learn how several important Consensus mechanisms work, when and how they are applied to establishing trust and overcoming security threats.
- 3 Live Stream courses
- Level: 201
- Certification: CCBP and CCBA
- Pre-requisite: Course 101 or Equivalent Understanding
Dates and Times: All sessions are Live Streamed in the Eastern Time zone (Toronto, Canada) and Available Globally
Sept 08 - 15 Cohort:
- Sept 08: 3:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Oct 13: 10:00 AM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Nov 02: 3:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Nov 30: 12:00 PM (Noon) Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
Optional Blockchain Course Book: Participants can optionally order the course workbook. Please note that the workbook covers all of the courses for CCBBA and CCBP courses. You only need to order the book once and NOT for every course you take for these two certifications.
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the course.
The Blockchain Construct - Trust, Decentralization and Consensus
- How is trust established in Blockchains?
- Trust in centralized vs. decentralized systems
- Considerations for decentralized and distributed networks
- Consensus mechanisms - PoW, PoS, dPoS, PBFT and derivatives, Round Robin
- Consensus (PoW) in Bitcoin: Hashing and SHA 256, how transactions are added to blocks and blocks mined onto the Blockchain.
- Differences between different consensus mechanisms
- Deeper understanding of PBFT and use for permissioned Blockchains
- Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) consensus
- Federated BFT
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation.
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course provides the foundational knowledge needed for all of the certifications. Certification requires successfully passing the online multi-choice exam. CCBP certification candidates also receive a capstone (Blockchain strategy and lean business model) template and receive feedback on the capstone. Successfully completing the capstone is needed for the CCBP certification only.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.