101. Intro to Blockchain Technology, Cryptocurrencies and Tokens
Pricing in Canadian Dollars. In light of COVID-19, in our effort to help professionals learn and develop critical skills through these challenging times, we are offering our programs online and also providing a significant discount for the time being. Please note that these promotions will end shortly and pricing can change at anytime. We wish everyone health during these times.
What you will learn: This course provides an introduction to Blockchains, cryptocurrencies, tokens and an overview of Blockchain applications and case studies for business and government use. You will understand how Blockchains work, and analyze live Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains.
- 5 Hours Live Stream
- Pre-requisite: None
- Certification: Counts towards CCBM, CCBP and CCBA
- Level: Course 101
Dates and Times: All sessions are Live Streamed and Available Globally
- Aug 20: 2:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Oct 06: 10:00 AM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Oct 27: 12:00 PM (Noon) Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Nov 23: 2:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the course.
Introduction to Blockchain Technologies, Cryptocurrencies & Tokens
- What are Blockchains and DLTs, How they work?
- Business Applications of Blockchain
- Applications across multiple industries
- Business disruption as a result of Blockchain
- Business opportunities as a result of Blockchain
- Addressing Business Challenges with Blockchain
- Applications in private sector – Finance, Insurance, Real estate, and Media
- Applications in public sector – Records management; Credentials and Digital Identity management, Healthcare and Medical Records management, Land Registry
- Key characteristics of Blockchains
- Open/closed and anonymity
- Time stamped
- Types of Blockchains and DLTs
- Permissionless and Permissioned - Open, Federated and Closed
- Structure of Blockchain
- Overview of main protocol functions
- Analyze live Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchain block formation and construct
- Why and when Blockchain makes sense
- Adoption timeline for Blockchain
- Introduction to Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin
- Bitcoin and Altcoins – Ether, Litecoin, etc.
- Cryptocurrency ecosystem – wallets, exchanges and applications
- Security (51% attacks and hacking), privacy and key management considerations
- Classes of tokens and Digital Assets
- Fungible and Non-Fungible tokens
- Security and Utility tokens
- Use cases of tokens
Supporting Courseware Material
- Basic concepts of Finance and Economy
- What is money, currency, legal tender, ledgers
- History of Money
- Economics of Bitcoin (Monetary policy)
- Bitcoin White Paper
- Concept of Inflation, Deflation and Disinflation
- Hedging currency against Gold
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation. This course does not have a pre-requisite and assumes no technical experience and little to no familiarity with Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Technical Knowledge: Little to none
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course provides the foundational knowledge needed for all of the certifications. Certification requires successfully passing the online multi-choice exam. CCBP certification candidates also receive a capstone (Blockchain strategy and lean business model) template and receive feedback on the capstone. Successfully completing the capstone is needed for the CCBP certification only.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.