Healthcare Digital Transformation with Emerging Technologies
The successful completion of this 11-week program and passing of the online certification exam leads to the CIO Certified Digital Transformation Professional - Speciality in Healthcare (CCDTP) certification and designation . The Certificate is issued in partnership with the CIO Association of Canada.
Pricing in Canadian Dollars.
Introduction: The disruptive impact of Covid-19 has accelerated digital transformation not just in terms of time, but more importantly, in that organizations are now willing to undergo radical transformation rather than incremental improvements, as now transformation isn’t just a buzz word, instead, it’s become an imperative for survival. True digital transformation requires that organizations radically transform on three fronts - business (practices, processes, and culture); customer (value and experience); and technology to achieve their goals. The standards are higher in healthcare as several regulatory and privacy considerations must be taken into account when undergoing digital transformation.
What you will learn: This unique program covers the Business, Customer/Patient, and Technology aspects of Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Digital Transformation. Unlike any other, the program distinctly focuses on the transformative opportunities provided by Emerging and Exponential Technologies including AI, IoT and Blockchain. Case studies from Digital Health, Telehealth, e-Health and Pharmaceutical applications will be used to identify how emerging technologies and innovative business practices can be employed to transformation successfully,
Professional Certification and Designation: Certification requires that participants achieve at least 70% marks on an open-book, 1-hour, online, multiple-choice exam. Upon passing the Certification Exam, participants will receive the CIO Certified Digital Transformation Professional in Healthcare (CCDTP) certification and designation in partnership with the CIO Association of Canada.
Dates and Times: All sessions are live-streamed online in Eastern Time and available globally. The program runs across 11-weeks, with a 2 to 3-hour session each week, as follows:
- Intro to Digital Transformation
- Business Transformation Case Studies in Healthcare
- Customer Experience Transformation with Design Thinking
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence and Applications in Healthcare
- Intro to Blockchain and Applications in Healthcare
- Intro to Cloud Computing and Applications in Healthcare
- Intro to Internet of Things and Applications in Healthcare
- Intro to Data Analytics and Applications in Healthcare
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in Healthcare
- Digital Transformation Strategy Development
- Solution Design Workshop
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
- Introduction to Digital Transformation - What is digital transformation, what are the various types of transformation, what lessons can we learn from success and failure, what makes most sense for your organization (i.e., incumbent vs. start-up)?
- Business Transformation - Case Studies in Transformation with Emerging Technologies - Disruptions, such as Covid-19, force us to revisit business transformation with an entirely new perspective - one of "do-or-die." What would it take for your organization to truly transform? How do you create business value by creating innovative products and services, re-engineering outdated processes, managing disruptive change, and driving employee experiences to meet business objectives.
- Customer Experience Transformation with Design Thinking - Design Thinking enables us to appreciate the customer's drivers and goals and design solutions around the customer. Design Thinking provides a journey map of the customer's experiences and impact of those experiences on their behaviour. We will explore how Design Thinking principles can be used in devising new and innovative solutions to drive customer value.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Applications in Healthcare - What is AI, how are the different types of AI being used to transform healthcare, when and where can they be used? Does AI make sense for your use case, and if so, how can you employ AI?
- Introduction to Blockchain and Applications in Healthcare - What is Blockchain technology and how are Tokens, Digital Assets, Digital Identity used to address use cases in Healthcare, pharmaceuticals and supply chains? Does Blockchain make sense for your use case and how best to approach its use?
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and Applications in Healthcare - What is cloud computing and how can Infrastructure-as-a-Service including Compute, Network, Storage and Database; Platform and Software-as-a-Service models be employed for Healthcare applications by incumbents and start-ups to achieve agility, resilience, operational efficiencies, performance, and reliability in a secure manner? How can popular cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud and others be used for your applications?
- Introduction to Internet of Things and Applications in Healthcare - What is IoT and the various ecosystem platform components used, what are digital twins and how are they being employed, how can you use IoT platforms and as-a-Service models to your application?
- Introduction to Data Analytics and Applications in Healthcare - Data is the center-piece to any technology-driven solution today, how is data collected, managed, sanitized for use, stored and analyzed? How are emerging data warehousing and data lakes being used to assist in advanced AL applications. How can you employ data analytics in your use case?
- Special Topics: Cybersecurity and Privacy in Healthcare -How can you protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of data; and ensure privacy of users and transactions in healthcare applications? What are the most important considerations for security and privacy in healthcare, especially when using IoT, Mobile, AI, Blockchain and Cloud Technology.
- Business Transformation Strategy Development - Established management consulting methodologies will be used including PESTEL Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Gap Analysis, Weighted Average and Decision Tree Analysis. The end-to-end strategy development process will lead you through how this can be done for your organization. For start-ups, the Lean Business Model Canvas will be introduced.
- Solution Design Workshop - We bring it all together with a Solution Architecture approach to discussing various case studies to understand how emerging technologies such as Blockchain, IoT and AI can be used to address current challenges in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical industries. As an example, cases may include:
- Track and trace provenance of drugs, vaccines and PPE across supply chains to prevent counterfeiting;
- Create interoperability between EHR/EMR systems;
- Prevent opioid drug abuse in prescription dispensing;
- Insurance payments and settlements
Several important business and analysis methodologies to help participants ideate, identify, prioritize and plan out use cases will be highlighted. This includes:
- Design Thinking;
- Decision Tree/Answer-first Methodology for Hypothesis Deveopment
- PESTEL Analysis for external factors
- Organizational Capability Analysis for internal factors
- SWOT Analysis;
- Current/Target-State Analysis;
- Gap Analysis;
- Weighted Average Analysis for Prioritization
- Lean Business Model Canvas
Lastly, proven Technology Adoption Framework will be used, as applicable through the program to address perspectives critical to healthcare applications including:
- Business: Aligning agile IT practices to address organizational goals for lean transformation;
- People: Aligning organizational capabilities, people skills and employee experience to drive transformation;
- Governance: Mechanisms to set, monitor and ensure that the new solutions meet regulatory and policy compliance standards;
- Solution: Leverage Lean/Agile practices to design, architect, experiment, and develop solutions in an effective and efficient manner employing platform technologies and business models (i.e., PaaS/SaaS);
- Security: Adopting security-by-design and privacy-by-design principles and ensuring on-going and automated controls are established;
- Operations: Adopting lean organizational processes and transforming capabilities for operational excellence through monitoring, automation, resilience, and change management.
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation. This course does not have a pre-requisite and assumes no technical experience and little to no familiarity with Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Technical Knowledge: Little to none
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course provides the foundational knowledge needed for all of the certifications. Certification requires successfully passing the online multi-choice exam. CCBP certification candidates also receive a capstone (Blockchain strategy and lean business model) template and receive feedback on the capstone. Successfully completing the capstone is needed for the CCBP certification only.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.