301: Blockchain Business Architecture Workshop
Pricing in Canadian Dollars.
What you will learn: This is the first in a series of four workshops. This workshop will introduce solutions architecture and will deep dive into developing the Business Architecture for the Solution leveraging TOGAF architecture methodology. Participants do not need to know TOGAF or have prior architecture experience. Key elements of business, customer and product value will be evaluated for current and future state given the solution. You will learn to develop the Business Architecture using a case study that requires revisiting the solution from various perspectives including redesign of the process, user experience, business and governance models, and the solution. Elements unique to use of Blockchain technology and business models will be highlighted.
- 5 Hours Live Stream
- Level: Course 301
- Certification: CCBA
- Pre-requisite: Level 100 and 200 courses OR equivalent understanding. No Programming is required, however, at least 2 years of experience in a technology environment is highly recommended, preferably related to solution design and architecture.
Dates and Times: All sessions are Live Streamed and Available Globally
- May 17: 4:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
Optional Blockchain Course Book: Participants can optionally order the course workbook. Please note that the workbook covers all of the material for the 300-level CCBA courses. You only need to order the book once and NOT for each course you take.
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the course.
Blockchain Business Architecture Workshop
- Introduction to Solutions Design and Architecture Framework for Enterprise Applications
- Business Solution Design and Architecture
- Components of Business Architecture
- Purpose and Context - Mission and purpose; environment; challenges and strategy, product and service, value prop; value chain and participants; stakeholders; processes, resources
- Characteristics – Cost; time; resilience; ability to implement; profitability; scalability; Transparency; Security; Privacy
- Use cases across multiple sectors including – Finance, Real Estate, Insurance, Health, Government and Media
- Classifying Blockchain use cases
- Blockchain value-prop
- When to use Blockchain
- Implementation considerations
- Case study workshop – application to real estate
- Applications to real estate
- Value creation with Blockchain – when, where and why
- Develop Business Architecture for Application - Participants, assets, transactions and events
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation.
Technical Knowledge: A technical background, experience in enterprise IT, product development, or architecture is recommended. Though this is not a programming course, some previous exposure to basic programming will be helpful.
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- TOGAF Architecture resources and methodologies as applicable
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This is advanced course leads to the CIO Certified Blockchain Architect (CCBA) Certification. The certification process requires the successful completion of an online exam. Certification requires the candidate to have either completed post-secondary education or have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, completed this course successfully and fulfilled the requirements of the certification process.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and credit card/Paypal fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event. Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.