100-Level Courses Bundle: Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies & Tokens Practitioner
Pricing in Canadian Dollars.
What you will learn: This is a bundle of all three 100-level courses for the CIO Certified Blockchain Practitioner (CCBPt) Program Courses.
The CCBPt certification is a foundational certification and is tailored to those business and technology professionals who are new to Blockchain and digital transformation. CCBPt’s are central to a team of Blockchain and Transformation professionals.
This certification is suited to business executives and senior leaders in finance, legal and compliance, strategy, project and product management, technology, sales and marketing, and customer support roles.
CIO Certified Blockchain Practitioners identify, capture and communicate business and customer needs for the technology solution through an understanding of Blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies and digital assets and their applications. They learn and develop an understanding of emerging business and governance models, policy and IPR management to successfully drive results on transformation projects.
The 100-level courses teach business and technology professionals the skills needed to achieve these objectives. CCBPt certification requires demonstration of these skills via an online exam.
Prior Blockchain, technical or programming skills are not required for this program.
- 3 days of live streamed online courses
- Pre-requisite: None
- Certification: Counts towards CCBPt, CCBP and CCBA
- Level: Course 101, 102 and 103
Dates and Times: All sessions are Live Streamed in Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada) and Available Globally
Weekend Program: Mar 12 - 14th Cohort
- 101. Intro to Blockchain, Applications and Cryptocurrencies - Mar 12: 2:00 PM
- 102. Emerging Business Models, Decentralized Finance, CBDC & Governance - Mar 13: 10:00 AM
- 103. Blockchain Digital Transformation Strategy - Practitioners Guide & Playbook - Mar 14: 10:00 AM
Weekend Program: May 21st - 23rd Cohort
- 101. Intro to Blockchain, Applications and Cryptocurrencies - May 21: 2:00 PM
- 102. Emerging Business Models, Decentralized Finance, CBDC & Governance - May 22: 10:00 AM
- 103. Blockchain Digital Transformation Strategy - Practitioners Guide & Playbook - May 23: 10:00 AM
Optional Blockchain Course Book: Participants can optionally order the course workbook. Please note that the workbook covers the material for all 100-level courses. You only need to order the book once and NOT for each 100-level course you take for the CCBPt certification exam.
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the course.
101. Introduction to Blockchain Technologies, Cryptocurrencies & Tokens
This course provides an introduction to Blockchains, cryptocurrencies, tokens and an overview of Blockchain applications and case studies for business and government use. You will understand how Blockchains work, and analyze live Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains.
5 Hour Live Stream
- What are Blockchains and DLTs, How they work?
- Business Applications of Blockchain
- Applications across multiple industries
- Business disruption as a result of Blockchain
- Business opportunities as a result of Blockchain
- Addressing Business Challenges with Blockchain
- Applications in private sector – Finance, Insurance, Real estate, and Media
- Applications in public sector – Records management; Credentials and Digital Identity management, Healthcare and Medical Records management, Land Registry
- Key characteristics of Blockchains
- Open/closed and anonymity
- Time stamped
- Types of Blockchains and DLTs
- Permissionless and Permissioned - Open, Federated and Closed
- Structure of Blockchain
- Overview of main protocol functions
- Analyze live Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchain block formation and construct
- Why and when Blockchain makes sense
- Adoption timeline for Blockchain
- Introduction to Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin
- Bitcoin and Altcoins – Ether, Litecoin, etc.
- Cryptocurrency ecosystem – wallets, exchanges and applications
- Security (51% attacks and hacking), privacy and key management considerations
- Classes of tokens and Digital Assets
- Fungible and Non-Fungible tokens
- Security and Utility tokens
- Use cases of tokens
102. FinTech, Decentralized Finance, Blockchain Business & Governance Models
This course introducing multiple emerging and disruptive business models via Blockchain, cryptocurrencies and tokens. You will learn about decentralized finance applications and use. In addition, important Blockchain Governance Models, especially for consortiums will be covered, including management and ownership of IP and data rights.
5 Hour Live Stream
- DeFi applications and projects in
- Capital Markets
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Collateralization of stablecoins – Fiat, Commodity, Cryptocurrency and Seignorage
- FinTechs – Neo Banks and Open Lending
- Overview of some projects including Juno, Dharma, Linen, MakerDAO, and tBTC
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) and emerging business models
- Add-free publishing
- Prediction markets
- P2P markets
- Smart property marketplaces
- Micro payments
- Blockchain notarization
- Decentralized exchanges
- Renewable energy tokenization
- ICO/STO - security tokens
- Governance in permissionless Blockchains – Bitcoin
- Governance in permissioned Blockchains – Hyperledger Fabric
- Consortium Governance Models
- Business Governance – Purpose, Strategy, Business Model, Roles, IP Management, Competition, Liability and Risk, etc.
- Operational Governance – Membership management, disputes and resolution, change management and roadmap, data standards and sharing, data storage and compliance
- IP Ownership Models in consortium
- Considerations for Rights, IP and Licensing terms, Anti-trust laws and regulations, Data sharing, ownership, privacy and residency requirements
- Consortium owned models
- Dynamic ownership models
- Single and multi-party owned models
- 3rd-party ownership models
- Governance life-cycle and guidance on set-up and administration of consortiums
- Case study of Consortium Governance and lessons learned – TradeLens
103. Blockchain Digital Transformation Strategy – A Practitioner’s Guide to Strategy Development and Strategy Workbook
This course introduces how a practitioner would devise a winning Blockchain strategy by identifying, capturing and extracting value through a disciplined business, application, data and technology solution approach. Learn how to develop your strategy using the Strategy Workbook.
5 Hour Live Stream
- Managing and creating disruption and the need for Digital Transformation in light of exponential technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, AI/ML, AR/VR, Voice, etc.
- Disruption – Manage or Create it
- A Practitioner's Guide to Blockchain Digital Transformation
- Current developments in market, industry, technology, adoption, trends, emerging business and governance models, policy and regulatory considerations, organizational and skills planning
- Challenges and opportunities - business, technology, governance, and regulatory lessons learned from recent implementations and mitigation strategies
- Strategies for identifying, capturing and extracting value from Blockchain projects
- Blockchain Solutions Architecture and Design considerations and overview:
- Business Architecture:
- Business functions, processes, participants, policies, regulation, governance, business models,
- Application Architecture:
- Application function, purpose, users and UX, roadmaps, interactions with internal ERP/CRM/IS and external systems
- Data Architecture:
- Data flow, management, ownership, accountability, interfaces, impacts of policies (security, privacy), on/off-chain planning
- Technology Architecture:
- Platforms, infrastructure, deployment, integration, testing, audits, Blockchain protocols and Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)
- Business Architecture:
- Developing Blockchain Strategy
- Where Blockchain Strategy fits
- Blockchain Strategy as part of Corporate and Business Digital Transformation Strategy
- Strategy project management and governance
- Blockchain Center of Excellence
- What does Strategy include, what it does not include
- Blockchain Strategy Workbook Template
- Blockchain Lean Canvas for start-ups and agile strategy and business planning
- Where Blockchain Strategy fits
Supporting Courseware Material
- Basic concepts of Finance and Economy
- What is money, currency, legal tender, ledgers
- History of Money
- Economics of Bitcoin (Monetary policy)
- Bitcoin White Paper
- Concept of Inflation, Deflation and Disinflation
- Hedging currency against Gold
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation. This course does not have a pre-requisite and assumes no technical experience and little to no familiarity with Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Technical Knowledge: Little to none
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course provides the foundational knowledge needed for all of the certifications. Certification requires successfully passing the online multi-choice exam (CCBBA and CCBA). Additionally, the CCBP certification candidates receive a capstone (Blockchain strategy and lean business model) template and receive feedback on the capstone. Successfully completing the capstone is needed for the CCBP certification only.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.