BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY, SOLUTION DESIGN & BUSINESS STRATEGY - CCBP Certification
Pricing in Canadian Dollars. In light of COVID-19, in our effort to help professionals learn and develop critical skills through these challenging times, we are offering our programs online and also providing a significant discount for the time being. Please note that these promotions will end shortly and pricing can change at anytime. We wish everyone health during these times.
Dates currently available:
All of the following options are for online live-streamed sessions. Please select the options you wish to register for below.
- Weekend Option: Starts on June 20th and runs for 6 weeks
- Schedule: June 20, 27, July 11, 18, & 25
- Live-streamed from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Weekday Option: Starts on June 16th and runs for 5 weeks, 2 sessions/wk
- Schedule: June 16, 18, 23; 25, 30, JUL 2, 7, 9 & 14
- Live-streamed from 5:00 to 6:30 PM Eastern Time Zone
Online live-streamed in Eastern Time Zone and available globally.
Please Note: Pre-learning materials will be provided electronically to all participants. Online participants can optionally purchase the course handbook of slides which includes the cost of shipping via courier to you when registering for the course. Please allow between 7 and 10 days for shipping depending on your location.
Technical Knowledge: Little to none.
Business Knowledge: Experience working in your domain/sector (i.e., Finance, Insurance, Logistics and supply chain, Telecoms, Manufacturing, Health, Government, Media, IT/Technology, etc.) will be leveraged for real life use case solution design and strategy development during the bootcamp.
What you will learn: The objective of this unique bootcamp is to enable you to learn from scratch to design high level end-to-end solutions using Blockchain Technology, Tokens and Cryptocurrecnies for startup, business, and enterprise applications. While solutions may incorporate use of other other technologies including Mobile, IoT and AI, the primary focus of this bootcamp is Blockchain.
You will learn the foundations of Blockchain technology and tokenization and will be introduced to methodologies and tools that you will use. Therefore, this program introduces best practice from across multiple disciplines including management consulting, enterprise architecture, design thinking, analysis, policy and governance to design a solution.
Solution design as we enter a new decade in 2020 will be very different from that at the start of the previous decade. It isn’t just about digitalization of business, moving to cloud and SaaS models for cost optimization, or delivering a cool customer experience. While important, these types of initiatives will not, by themselves, be enough to succeed. 2020 ushers in a new decade of increasing expectations of digitalization and extracting value from digital assets; consumer privacy and data rights protection; pervasive adoption of automation and growth in uses of artificial intelligence; managing cyber security in a hyper-connected world of things; and exploring new market, business and governance models that meet the demands of an increasingly socially conscious consumer while delivering substantial business and customer value.
Unlike some hyped-up claims, Blockchain and tokenization will not address every challenge, nor should it. However, there are so many ways in which Blockchain must be a “central player,” required to make the overall solution desirable to customers, viable for business, and feasible from an end-to-end technology standpoint. Also, Blockchain is not the only technology that is likely to be used – your solution may use IoT, OCR, RPA, AI, etc. so, it is important to appreciate how and when to use Blockchain with these other technologies. It is also important to understand when not to use Blockchain and why not.
You do not require a technology background of coding or architecture. However, you should have experience in an industry so you can bring up and participate in practical solution development for use cases. This can include designing solutions for electronic health records on Blockchain while complying with HIPAA data privacy; real estate transactions with legal and financial due diligence; financial transactions with AML/KYC and securities compliance; trade finance applications tied into supply chain logistics and provenance; smart city and government applications; etc.
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the bootcamp.
Introduction to Blockchain Technologies, Cryptocurrencies & Tokens
Module I: Introduction
Module II: Overview of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, Cryptocurrencies and Tokens
- What are Blockchain and DLTs, How they work?
- Key characteristics of Blockchains
- Structure of Blockchain
- Overview of main protocol functions
- Why and when Blockchain makes sense?
- Adoption timeline for Blockchain
Module II b: A Practitioner's Guide to Successful Blockchain Implementation - Blockchain Strategy Development & Planning for Enterprises and Start-ups
- Managing and creating disruption and the need for Digital Transformation in light of exponential technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, RPA, AI, AR/VR, Voice
- Blockchain Digital Transformation
- Current developments in market, industry, technology, adoption, trends, emerging business and governance models, policy and regulatory considerations, organizational and skills planning
- Challenges and opportunities - business, technology, governance, and regulatory lessons learned from recent implementations and mitigation strategies
- Strategies for identifying, capturing and extracting value from Blockchain projects
- Blockchian solution considerations
- Business Architecture: business functions, processes, participants, policies, regulation, governance, business models,
- Application Architecture: application function, purpose, users and UX, roadmaps, interactions with internal ERP/CRM/IS and external systems
- Data Architecture: data flow, management, ownership, accountability, interfaces, impacts of policies (security, privacy), on/off-chain planning
- Technology Architecture: platforms, infrastructure, deployment, integration, testing, audits, Blockchain as a Service
Module III: Blockchain Construct - Trust
- How is trust established in Blockchains?
Module IV: Decentralization and Consensus
- Considerations for decentralized and distributed networks
- Consensus mechanisms - PoW, PoS, dPoS, PBFT and derivatives
GROUP EXERCISE - Interactive Consensus game
Module V - The Blockchain Ecosystem and Technology
- Infrastructure Participants
- Middleware Participants
- Applications and Services Participants
- Sidechains and Other Participants
Module V b - The Blockchain Eco-system and Technology (Continued)
- Public Blockchains
- Private Blockchains
- Consortium Blockchains
- Blockchain Infrastructure for enterprise applications
- Bitcoin Blockchain
- Ethereum Blockchain
- Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain
- Others: Corda, Ripple
- Important considerations for Enterprises
Module VI - Application Development and Smart Contracts
- Smart contracts
- Smart Oracles
- Digital assets and smart property
Module VII - GROUP EXERCISE - Solution Workshop - I: Introduction to Solution Design using an use case from participants.
This can range from managing electronic health records (EHR) or pharmaceutical drug dispensing in light of GDPR/HIPAA, or Financial transactions with AML/KYC compliance, etc. We will go through the step-by step process of designing a solution including: identifying participants, digital assets, transactions and interactions. defining the application and flow of information. Devising the data management approach, the type of Blockchain technology to be used, and developing the highl level solution design and process flows.
Module VIII: Cryptocurrencies, Tokens and Digital Assets
Supporting Courseware Material
- Basic concepts of Finance and Economy
- What is money, currency, legal tender, ledgers
- History of Money
- Economics of Bitcoin (Monetary policy)
- Bitcoin White Paper
- Concept of Inflation, Deflation and Disinflation
- Hedging currency against Gold
Methodologies and Tools Introduced: Management consulting decision tress and hypothesis development, root-problem identification, Current/Target state: User experience, Business process flow, Governance and Business models, Data flow, Application interactions and design, technology
Enterprise Blockchain Transformation Strategy & Application
Module IX: Blockchain enabled emerging trends, disruptive business models and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
- P2P markets
- Smart property marketplaces
- Micro payments
- Blockchain notarization
- Decentralized exchanges
- Renewable energy tokenization
- ICO/STO - security tokens
Module X: Addressing Business Challenges with Blockchain
- Blockchain use cases in private sector (finance, insurance, media, real estate, etc.)
- Blockchain use cases in public sector (digital identity, healthcare, provenance, title deeds, etc.)
GROUP EXERCISE - Workshop II: Solution Design of Participant suggested use case(s)
Work on use case(s) from participants - can include:
- Managing electronic health records (EHR)
- Pharmaceutical drug dispensing in light of HIPAA
- DeFi or Financial transactions with AML/KYC compliance
- Manufacturing/Logistics with IoT data
- Government Records with policy compliance
- Real estate listings and transactions
- Valuable goods (diamond, gold, land, etc.) and asset tokenization
We will go through the step-by step process of designing a solution including:
- Identifying participants, digital assets, transactions and interactions.
- Define the application and flow of information.
- Devise the data management approach, the type of Blockchain technology to be used, and developing the high-level solution design and process flows.
Module XI: Blockchain and Governance
- Governance in several public Blockchains including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash
- Governance in permissioned Blockchains – Hyperledger Fabric
- Governance considerations for Consortiums
Module XII: Enterprise Blockchain Architecture & Implementation
- Enterprise solution architecture considerations – traditional vs. Blockchain architectures
- Architecting Blockchain solutions that meet Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) considerations for enterprises
- When Blockchain makes sense for enterprise applications
- Classifying use cases
- Barriers to implementation and mitigation strategies
Module XIII: Developing Blockchain Transformation Strategy & Business Case - with Blockchain and IoT use case.
This is a deeper dive with an end-to-end management consulting approach used to develop a formal business strategy for digital transformation (DX) with Blockchain. Foundational concepts of DX strategy development are introduced which can be applied with minor adjustments to any innovation strategy project including RPA, AI, AR/VR. Voice, Mobile, Cloud, IoT, etc. However, the focus of this will be on Blockchain.
- Planning for Digital Transformation
- Design Thinking and customer-centric design
- External analysis
- Organizational and business impact analysis
- Use case identification and prioritization
- Does Blockchain make sense - when and how to use it for the use case
- Enterprise strategy development/alignment
Module XIV: Workshop - IV Developing the Blockchain Implementation Plan
You will work in a group and come up with your own use case and follow the process to develop your end-to-end solution strategy, plan and design.
- Blockchain business model identification
- Selecting the Governance Model
- Blockchain technology and solution architecture
- Data management
- Regulatory and policy impact identification
- PoC/Pilot/Production planning
- Identifying risks and risk mitigation
Module XV: GROUP PRESENTATIONS - Participants present their solutions and group discussion
Module XVI: Certification, Capstone Project Overview
Supporting Courseware Material and Capstone Project
- 5-Step Digital Transformation Strategy Framework
- Design Thinking
- External factors and PESTEL analysis
- Capabilities analysis tools
- SWOT Analysis
- Use case identification
- Weighted Average and Prioritization
- Current/Target State analysis (as in Enterprise Architecture)
- Strategy development
- LEAN Business model canvas
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation. This course does not have a pre-requisite and assumes no technical experience and little to no familiarity with Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Technical Knowledge: Little to none
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course is required for Business and Technical Foundational Certification. For certification successful completion of a capstone project and passing an online open book exam are required.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.