203. Introduction to Smart Contracts and Decentralized Applications
Pricing in Canadian Dollars. In light of COVID-19, in our effort to help professionals learn and develop critical skills through these challenging times, we are offering our programs online and also providing a significant discount for the time being. Please note that these promotions will end shortly and pricing can change at anytime. We wish everyone health during these times.
What you will learn: This course introduces immutable smart contracts and decentralized applications on Ethereum and covers some of the important considerations for application design with use of Oracles as well as frontend, middleware and backend. You will set-up MetaMask wallet for use with Blockchain apps, use Faucets to get test Ether, and explore the Remix development environment for smart contracts. Important considerations for solution development using smart contracts will be highlighted. Enterprise options with Hyperledger Fabric Chaincode will be reviewed. This course requires no coding experience and is suitable for non-developers.
- 3 Hour Live Stream
- Level: Course 203
- Certification: CCBP and CCBA
- Pre-requisite: Course 101, 201 & 202 or Equivalent Understanding
Dates and Times: All sessions are Live Streamed and Available Globally
- Oct 06: 3:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
- Dec 02: 3:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, Canada)
Optional Blockchain Course Book: Participants can optionally order the course workbook. Please note that the workbook covers the material for all 200-level courses. You only need to order the book once and NOT for each 200-level course you take for the CCBP certification.
Interactive Workshop Content
With all new disruptive technology innovation strategy development framework - used by leading management consultants including McKinsey, Bain and BCG.
Pre-learning materials will be provided ahead of the course.
Introduction to Smart Contracts and Decentralized Applications
- Introduction to Smart contracts
- Smart contract development and management
- Example of smart contract
- Construct and guidelines
- Smart Oracles
- Smart contracts with Ethereum
- Set up MetaMask
- Funding your smart contract using faucets to get test Ether
- Explore smart contract on the Remix development environment
- Developing and running your first smart contract
- Smart contract tips
- Considerations for Enterprise applications with Hyperledger Fabric Chaincode
- Introduction to Smart contracts
Audience: Open to business and technology professionals who are learning about Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Transformation.
Methodologies and Tools: The following management / business / technology methodologies and tools may be used during this workshop. In cases where these tools are used, either a brief introduction to the concepts and/or supporting material will be provided to help develop the strategy/plan (not to teach the tools themselves):
- Methods for determining disruptive forces and trends
- Digital transformation journey planning
- Design thinking and journey mapping
- PESTEL Analysis
- SWOT/TOWS Analysis
- Weighting average
- Business Transformation Model
- Your cell phone / your laptop
Certification: This course provides the foundational knowledge needed for all of the certifications. Certification requires successfully passing the online multi-choice exam. CCBP certification candidates also receive a capstone (Blockchain strategy and lean business model) template and receive feedback on the capstone. Successfully completing the capstone is needed for the CCBP certification only.
Cost for Certification: Please note that there is an additional fee for review of the capstone project and the certification exam. This will be kept to a minimum and shall not exceed $300 for those registered for the bootcamps. Bootcamp participants will be emailed a coupon code to reduce certification costs.
Pricing and Discounts: Discount and coupon codes are for limited time only and may be discountinued at any time. Expect the price for any given course to increase closer to the date of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are issued less processing and creditcard/Paypay fees as long as cancelation is received 30 days in advance of the event.Unfortunately we are not able to provide refunds within 30 days of event.